Penny Creek PTA Mission Statement:
The purpose of Penny Creek Elementary PTA is to provide programs and activities that serve to promote and enhance parent/guardian involvement, health, welfare, safety, the learning environment, and education of the children of the Penny Creek community. Penny Creek PTA will work together with school administration, teachers, and staff to help each child work toward their full potential, and to create a strong sense of community and pride at Penny Creek. Penny Creek PTA will use the collective voice of its membership to advocate for all children everywhere.
PTA Goals 2017-2018
- To achieve 100% Teacher Membership and at least 80% Overall Membership. We plan to use membership drives, incentives for members attending PTA events and community incentives to help us reach this goal.
- To increase family engagement in PTA and school activities and programs. This will be achieved by promoting programs with newsletters and student fliers and providing a welcoming atmosphere during all activities. We will provide activities that can be enjoyed by the whole family such as Bingo for Books and Skate Nights.
- To partner with the Natural Leaders team to promote family engagement with our multicultural families both in the school as well as at PTA activities and programs.
- Help provide assistance and advocate for our students in need by working in collaboration with our school counselor and Principal.
- To provide our students at Penny Creek experiences with various fine arts through our Art Docent Program, Art Walk, Talent Show, Drama Program and the National PTA’s Reflections Program. We will continue to provide quality art lessons for the Art Docent Program and will work to ensure that each class has a docent.
- To provide our students with an exposure to healthy lifestyles and the sciences through our Science Day program, Recess Runners program and Skate Nights.
- To encourage Literacy among our Penny Creek students, through our Bingo for Books Night, Book Fairs, and Spelling Bee. We also will promote school efforts such as the Everett School District’s Summer Reading Program.